Save Thousands Each Year
Add Value and Curb Appeal
Enhance Your Environmental Footprint
Benefits to Buying Your Solar Energy System
Whether you chose to purchase with cash or through financing, there are a few common benefits applicable to all .
- As soon as your system is active, you begin paying less to the utility. With appropriately designed systems, in peak months you may not need to buy any power.
- Your positive environmental impact is the same and also begins the moment you start to use your solar generated power. For every bit of power you generate and consume, you are not requiring a Massachusetts utility to burn a fuel to provide that energy.
- You are joining a growing public community.
It is a positive action to both save money and be a part of the renewable energy transition locally and nationally. People will see your contribution.
When you buy your solar energy system you are rewarded with better financial returns. This may seem like a good trade for making a greater financial commitment.
Like any other significant capital investment, your solar energy system is an asset. It has value, and more than one study has proven that both professional appraisers and home buyers recognize this value. In this way, solar energy is similar options you have to make significant home improvements or upgrades. However, your solar system will also produce something of additional value – the electricity. So over time, it is saving you money while adding value to your home.
Cash Purchase or Financing a Solar Energy System
For the minority of homeowners who have the available cash, a full purchase of your solar energy system can’t be beat. There are no further periodic payments, so your energy savings mean money stays in your back account.
For most homeowners that can afford to purchase a solar system, some form of financing is needed. At SunRa Solar we offer assistance to buyers. Very recently, thanks to state, federal, and even some private programs there are a number of loan options to make buying solar more feasible for a growing number of families. For example, in Massachusetts we take advantage of the Mass Solar Loan Program, administered through the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center (MassCEC). This program helps us help you with some key advtanages:
- The program requires certain lender and installer qualifications, removing some of the uncertainty for the buyer.
- The state offers a degree of Income Based Loan Support (IBLS). Contact us for the exact and current details.
- There are state funded financial mechanisms that help reduce the interest and therefore the homeowner’s monthly payments.
- Options for secured and unsecured loans.